Monday, October 27, 2008

Our Trip to Ko Samed

Our trip to Ko Samet (also spelled Koh Samed, Ko Samed, Koh Samet, oh, who knows!) was AWESOME! It was beautiful. It was fun. Enough said really. Pictures speak louder than words anyway, so check out the video I put together when you have a few minutes to spare.




What an amazing world we are living in!



-----------------------------------------------------------------------



I actually just found a few entries in my journal that I wrote during my time on the island.


-Today I saw the moon shining through the clouds over a rainbow. I saw fire batons being twirled thru the air by local islanders. I saw stray dogs, boats, and a sunset.


-Bus ride & ferry: 500 baht. Room for the night: 500 baht. Dinner, drinks, dessert: 500 baht. Entrance to the island (it’s a National Park): 40 baht, down from 200 baht (foreigners fee) by showing our Chula ID –we are practically locals ha!


-Tonight I met a Dutch guy, named Robin, living in Thailand, working in Bangkok. We talked for about an hour. About a lot of things, but also talked about memories of Holland. He was from Rotterdam, about forty minutes by train from where I used to live in Den Haag, The Netherlands.


- I danced in the waves. I chilled on the beach, lounging on Thai pillows, drinking coke out of a sand bucket, listening to music with some great new friends (Fulbrighters).


-The day in Ko Samet was so great. We spend all day lounging on the beach on the most beautiful coastline I have ever seen. We “rented” an area with six lounge chairs, two small tables, a dog, and three large umbrellas! It was such a cozy little spot. I say “rented”, because we actually only paid 150 baht (about $6 USD) per person for the day –that included the chairs, two drinks or so, lunch, crystal-clear water, and more sun than any of us could handle. Yep, I’m peeling.


-Ferry @ 3:30pm, Bus @ 5:30pm, Taxi @ 9:30pm, Home @ 10:00pm.




(October 9, 2008)






Wishing the best to everyone,


Paige

No comments: